Soccer Passing Drills and Skills
Soccer passing drills are another vital piece to the game of soccer. Passing helps quickly advance the ball in an
attempt to off-balance the defense. Since the speed of the ball is much quicker than a dribble, passing becomes a
critical piece of soccer as the kids advance in age and skill level. There are many different types of passes,
such as the push pass, chip pass, outside of the foot pass, and instep pass.
Purpose of Soccer Passing Drills and Skills
- To switch the point of attack to quickly off-balance the defense.
- To reduce pressure.
- To create time and space.
- To maintain possession.
Soccer Passing Drills and Skills Coaching Points
- Become efficient passing with both feet.
- Body is balanced and body is over the ball.
- Arms are away from body to assist in balance.
- Proper weight of the pass.
- Good Timing of the pass.
- Use the appropriate surface when striking the ball (inside, outside, or top of foot).
- Look at the target before making the pass.
- Eye on the ball during contact.
- Good first touch when controlling the ball
- For a push pass, pull the toe up and lock your ankle before passing.
- Follow through towards your target.
Browse the Latest Soccer Passing Drills and Skills