On a full-size training goal, place a goalkeeper in the goal. Split the remaining players into two even teams and align them on each goal post. The first player in line must start with one hand on the goal post. A cone should be placed approximately 20 yards from goal in front of each line. The coach should have a supply of soccer balls available.
- On the coach’s command, the first player from each team should sprint around the cone in front of their line.
- As the players approach the cone, the coach plays a 50/50 ball in the middle of each cone.
- The two players fight for possession and quickly attack the goal.
- The players battle each other for the ball, and either player can score a goal after winning possession.
- Award the team scoring the goal a point.
- The first team to 10 points wins.
Players should be instructed to:
- Sprint at top speed around the cone
- Battle and win the 50/50 ball
- Quickly attack the goal once possession is won.
- Continue to fight for the ball when defending.
- Have fun.
- Disc Cones
- Scrimmage Pennies/Vests
- Full Size Goal
Drill Target Ages
- U4, U-4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- U5, U-5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- U6, U-6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- U7, U-7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- U8, U-8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
1v1 50/50 to Goal Team Competition
1v1 Team Competition, 1 vs. 1 Soccer