Create two 18X18 grids with one common side. Split into 2 groups of 4 players (4 red and 4 yellow). Place 4 red and 2 yellow players in one grid and the remaining 2 yellow players in the other grid. The 2 yellow players in the red grid will start as defenders.
Play a 4v2 in the first grid, focus on early support, good angles, good distance, and giving the player with the ball at least 2 passing options at all times.
The defender's objective is to gain possession and pass to a teammate in the other grid. If this happens, that 2 defenders join their team in the new grid. The person who caused the turnover along with one other teammate joins the new grid as defenders. Play 4v2 and repeat this pattern.
This game should be very dynamic and players should be moving at all times. Even the players waiting in the opposite grid should be moving to put themselves in a good supporting role.
- limit the number of touches
- Early support - start supporting before the ball is received.
- Good angle - support in undefended space where the pass cannot be intercepted by the defender.
- Move without the ball
- Support both sides of the attacker with the ball.
- Focus on a good first touch in space towards a supporting player.
- Use deception when playing.
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
4v2 Angle of Support
4v2, soccer, early, support, supporting players