Create 3 lines 5 yards apart with the cones lined up between the 3 lines. Divide your team into groups of two with 1 ball per group. Players will start on each of the outside lines, one player is working and one player is playing into the working player.
Both players start on the outside line. The non-working player passes the ball into the working player. The working player checks-in towards the middle cone, receives the ball just outside the middle cone, and plays the ball back into the non-working player. The working player then backpedals to the outside line where they began, and repeats this motion 10 times before switching partners.
Change how the receiving touch is performed:
- Have the receiving touch with inside of foot across the body and pass with the inside of the opposite foot
- Have the receiving touch with the outside of the foot to the outside of the same foot and return the pass with the inside of the foot.
- Play in 1-touch with the inside of the foot alternating right and left foot.
- Play in 1-touch with the outside of the foot alternating right and left foot.
- Receive the ball with the proper surface of the foot. If receiving with the inside of the foot, the toe should be slightly lifted and the heel slightly down.
- When receiving with the inside of the foot make sure the tow is turned inwards towards the plant foot.
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Check-in Passing Warm-up
Check-in passing drill