- This drill will require the attacking third of the field with a full size goal and a goalkeeper.
- There should be a large supply of balls at the cone of player.
- Split the team up evenly among each of the four cones positioned near midfield as seen in the diagram.
- Player 1 plays a firm ball into the corner of the field for player 3 to run onto.
- As player 3 leaves his cone, player 4 also leaves his cone to put pressure on player 3, in attempt to deny the cross.
- Player 2 also leaves to defend player 1 on the cross.
- Player 3 crosses the ball into player 1 who attempts to finish on goal.
- Rotate players so that they play both offense and defense on all of the spots.
Firm ball to get the ball deep towards the end line.
Quick prep touch and cross from the wingers.
Good timing on the runs and anticipate the cross.Defenders:
Sprint to close down the crosser quickly while getting the inside position.
Track runners and get inside position.
Clear balls up and outside.
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Cross - Finish Under Pressure
Cross and Finish, Crossing Under Pressure, Finishing Under Pressure