Create a 10X10 grid just beyond on the edge of the 18 yard box. Divide the team info 2 lines on the far cones facing the goal. One player from each line steps to the cone near the 18 (this player becomes the player that lays the ball off to the player on the cone farthest from the 18).
Player 1 passes a diagonal ball to player 4, player 4 has a touch and lays the ball off into space for player 1 to run onto the ball and hit a first time strike on goal. The shooting player (player 1) takes the place of the player that set up his shot (player 4), and player 4 shags the shot and switches lines.
Next, Player 2 passes a diagonal ball to player 3. Player 3 lays the ball off to player 2 who shoots first time on goal. Player 2 becomes the target player; the target player (player 3) shags the shot.
Make sure the players switch lines so they shoot with both feet.
Have the target player pick up the balls and toss them in the air for the shooting player to volley or half-volley
- Good controlled approach on the ball
- Plant foot in good spot next to the ball
- Shoot with the appropriate foot
- Hit the ball on target
Drill Target Ages
- U4, U-4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- U5, U-5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- U6, U-6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- U7, U-7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- U8, U-8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Diagonal Soccer Shooting Drill
diagonal soccer shooting drill, soccer shooting