Goalkeeper sits in the center of the goal about 3-5 yards from the goal line. The coach/server should stand about 8-10 yards from the keeper with a supply of balls.
On the coaches command, the keeper should quickly stand, set their feet, get into ready position, and catch the ball that is tossed towards the goal by the coach. The keeper immediately returns the ball to the coach and returns to the seated position. Repeat this for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Make sure the goalkeeper gets off the ground quickly.
- Make sure keeper is aware of their position and location in front of the goal.
- Keeper should get set and ready themselves for the shot quickly.
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Goalkeeper - Down Up Drill
soccer, goalkeeper, goalie, goal tender, gk, keeper, down, up, quickness, set, shot