Start with the goalkeeper shuffling side to side from post to post in the goal along the goal line.
On the coaches command, the keeper should drop to the ground in a push-up position and quickly jump back to set position. The coach should toss a ball to the goalkeeper who should catch the ball and repeat. Continue for approximately 1 minute and rest.
- Instead of tossing the ball, serve the ball into the goalkeeper.
- Keeper should shuffle quickly without crossing feet
- Keeper should get up quickly, get feet set and get ready for shot
- Keeper should stay on toes leaning forward slightly when set in order to quickly react to throw.
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Goalkeeper - Side-to-Side
goalkeeper, keeper, goalie, soccer, drill, side-to-side, movement, quickness, shuffle