Create four grids that are about 5x5 yard grids and set them about 40X40 yards apart on all sides. Split the group into two teams and put one team in an alternate color.
Instruct the teams to pass among their team to keep possession while attempting to score a point by passing the ball to a teammate that is inside one of the smaller grids. The teams can score in any of the corners, however, they cannot score in the same corner twice in a row.
- Do not allow players to stand inside the grids waiting for a pass. Instead, instruct the players to work on timing of the runs and timing of the pass to connect inside the grid.
- Change the scoring rule to where the goal is scored only when a give and go is performed with the player that is in the grid.
- Focus on the weight and accuracy of the passing
- Make sure players without the ball are supporting the player with the ball at all times
- Make sure the timing of the runs and timing of the pass are in sync.
- Make sure players change the point of attack and are not forcing passes into congested areas
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Four Corners Passing Game
Soccer Passing Drills, Soccer Passing Games, Teaching Soccer Passing, Coaching Soccer Passing