Create 3 lines (Line 1, 2, & 3) of players about 30 yards from goal with a goalkeeper in goal. Each player in line needs a ball.
- Instruct line 1 to make a move and shoot before the edge of the penalty box.
- After player 1 shoots, they need to check into player 2 for a 1-2 ball. Player 1 should lay the ball off to player 2 for a first time shot.
- After player 2 shoots, they move to defend the player in line 3. Player 3 should beat player 2 and have a shot on goal.
- The players should not change lines yet. Let each player work through their line 3-4 times before switching lines.
- Focus on good shooting technique, landing on the kicking foot, following through towards goal, and putting the ball on target.
- Kids should pay attention and remember their next task after shooting.
- Disc Cones
- Soccer Practice or Training Balls
- Full Size Goal
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Shooting Combo, 1v1 Shooting Drill
Shooting Combination, 1v1 Shooting Drill