In an area approximately 20X30 yards work in groups of 3 players. Player 1 on one side of the grid and the other 2 players (Players 2 and 3) on the opposite side. Player 1 starts with the ball.
Player 1 will serve the ball into player 2 and will follow the pass and defend player 2. Player 2 should move towards the serve, have a good control touch away from the pressure from player 1, and attack the sideline player 1 came from. Player 2 can pass to player 3 creating a 2v1.
To score the ball must be stopped on the sideline the two players are attacking.
The server should serve the balls to the chest, thigh and feet.
Place a 2nd defender 5-7 yards behind player 2 and 3 to put pressure from the back side of the attackers. This defender should make a recovery run to get goal-side of the ball.
- Quick control and movement forward.
- First touch is into space away from advancing player.
- controlling player must decide to dribble or pass
- make sure player is controlling the ball properly (see links below)
Drill Target Ages
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U17 and Older
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Trapping and Controlling the ball Facing Defender
Soccer Drill Trapping Facing Defender, Soccer Control Drills