Set up players into groups of three. One server, one receiver working on control and trapping, and one player as a passive defender. Server is 10 yards from the receiver and defender.
The server plays a ball into the receiving player. The passive defender stands close enough to touch the receiving player and tries to distract the receiving player. The passive defender should not attempt to win the ball at this point. The server should play to chest, thigh, or feed at speficied by the coach. Serves to the chest and thigh should be thrown, and trapping with the feet should be served by the feet.
After the ball is trapped and under control, play back to the server and repeat.
- Allow the defender to apply minimal pressure.
- Increase defensive pressure
How to Trap with the ChestHow to Trap with the ThighHow to Trap with the Inside of the footHow to Trap with the Outside of the FootHow to Trap with the Instep of the FootHow to Trap with the Sole of the Foot
Drill Target Ages
- U4, U-4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- U5, U-5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- U6, U-6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- U7, U-7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- U8, U-8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
Soccer Drill Focus
Soccer Drill Titled:
Trapping with Passive Opposition
Soccer Trapping Drill